Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mixing old and new

 
Hi Everyone! I decided to take some time this morning and get to some stuff that I didn't get to last week, and to my delight, I finished quicker than expected. :) So why not play in the basement while in between loads of never ending laundry. I of course ;) checked out today's Color challenge on Splitcoast. I am weak, I tell ya, just plain weak for color challenges. Today's colors were Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, and Pumpkin Pie..and the desert option was to make a Thanksgiving card, or just a thank you. Easy peasy... Here is my submission for today's challenge -
 
 
I used the set Moving Forward and decided to mix it with a sentiment from the retired set Loads of Love Accessories. I will never, ever part with that set. I Just Love it! Did you notice the lighter blue panel paired with the Midnight Muse DSP? It is the retired color Bordering Blue, and matches exactly to the polka dot in the DSP! How Cool is that?? :)  I made the pumpkin in the bicycle basket using the Sm oval punch. OK, gotta run! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!
 
Heather :)
 
 
Stamps - Moving Forward, Loads of Love Accessories, Wood grain
Paper - Midnight Muse, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Orchard harvest DSP
Ink - Versamark, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze
Accessories - Scallop edge punch, 3/4 circle punch, 21/2 circle punch, Sm oval punch, Brights buttons, Pumpkin pie 1/8 taffeta ribbon, Dimensional dots
 

3 comments:

Connie Collins said...

C-U-T-E!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So adorable, I love this and will never part with my loads of love and accessories either.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am in love with this card. The little pumpkin in the bicycle basket is precious!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...