Thursday, August 4, 2011

On your Special Day

Hi Again Everyone! We are officially on Day 3 of the -


This blog hop has really got me excited! Honest! I love seeing all the projects up close, and how the creator wants us to see it. It is really a lot different than standing behind a rope at the display board and leaning WAY over to catch the detail and stuff! :)

As in the previous days, you should be landing here from Heidi King's blog. So if not, be sure to check out her amazing (that should have been in all caps really!) AMAZING entries!

Today I am sharing a scrap page with you. I Loved making this page SO much I actually made 2, and a card to match!


This is a photograph of my sister on her wedding day. She was Stunning! That day was truly perfect for her and her Hubby Tim. It was SO perfect, that I actually ran out and got my own hubby named Tim and got married exactly one month later! Well, it didn't happen quite like that, but we ARE both married to guys named Tim. What were the odds of that?! 
I had mentioned to her around Christmas that I would be entering the AA contest, and that I wanted to use a picture of her to let her know that I would need her to sign a release. I finished the page about a month later, showed her, and needless to say did not leave with it. So this is actually a duplicate page. I had to get more Love Letter DSP to complete it. :)
There are lots of details on this page. Too many to count really. But I do want to show you one that may be new to some -


I used our basic pearls for the flower centers, but colored them with a black Sharpie before attaching them. Cool huh? Yup, you can have different colored pearls. If you have a rainbow of Sharpie markers, you can have pearls in every color. Just let them dry, and you are good to go! :)

OK, I am off to check out Cheryl Lefore and get even more inspired! Here are all the other Uber talented ladies on this hop, if you feel like hopping around for your own viewing pleasure -


Heather Klump (you are here)

See you at the next stop! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!


Heather :)

Stamps - Fabulous Phrases, Occasional Quotes, Winter Post, En Francais
Paper - Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Very Vanilla Textured, Love Note DSP
Ink
- Classic Black, Basic Gray, Versamark, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories
- Big Shot, Top Note Die, Bigz L Fun Flowers Die,
Boho blossom punch, Ity Bity Shapes punch pack, Scallop Trim border punch,
Paper Snips, Crochet Trim, Black Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Black Sharpie marker,
Two Way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Vanilla Buttons, Distressing tool
Basic Black Marker, Paper piercing tool, Mat Pack, Glue Dots,
Dimensional Dots




3 comments:

Connie Collins said...

So what's up with these family members who want copies of beautiful scrapbook pages that feature them?(wink). Sometimes it is just too much work to do twice. That's why I love MDS pages and hybrids...much easier to duplicate. But this page really was worth making again!

summerki said...

This page has a very nice feel and harmony to it. Lovely!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful page. I have to laugh because my brother and my husband have the same name. When I met my hubby my first thoughts were, "he's cute -- too bad about the name though?" But we've stumbled through family gatherings ever since. Another cute story I have is that I have cousins who are identical twins, and both of their husbands have the same name too.

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...