Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A S(n)ewy day project.....


Hello! I first want to apologize for not posting in such a long time. Life really got in the way of things for me for a while, and as much as I wanted to come downstairs and play, I could never find the time. My youngest, Ian, broke his foot and I have been really preoccupied with him, and trying to get ready for the holidays. I know you can all relate in some fashion, so thanks for understanding. I did find the time to finally play with the Designer fabric from the SU Holiday mini, and make a pillow for myself. This sewing thing is really new to me, and I think I did a pretty good job this being my first pillow and all. I kept it simple, adding a little trim to the edges of my pillow wrap. Can't wait to show my Mom.. she is the sewing guru in our family. she will be so proud! Details and directions to make your own pillow wrap are below -

fabric - SU Deck the halls Designer fabric
ribbon - Early Espresso satin ribbon, crochet trim

Directions -

Materials -
your choice of SU designer fabrics (enough to cut (8) 6 1/2 squares
3/8 yard lining fabric
1- 12x16 pillow form
Decorative button (optional)
thread to match

Cut from SU designer fabrics :
Eight 6 1/2" squares . Note that the seam allowance is on four sides for easy cutting

Cut from lining fabric:
One 12 1/2" x 24 1/2" rectangle

Instructions -
*1/4" seam allowance is used throughout

Sew four rows of two 6 1/2" squares together. Press seams.

Sew four rows together to create one 12 1/2" x 24 1/2" pieced pillow wrap.

Place pieced wrap and lining right sides together. Sew the two long edges. Turn right sides out and press.

On one short open end, press under 1/4", wrong sides together.

Fold the wrap in half with pieced sides together. Insert the unpressed short end into the pressed short end. Pin. Top stitch through all layers to form wrap.

Top stitch outer edges.

Press and slide over pillow.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day everyone. :)




No comments:

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...